Stock 7500 won't boot 3.0

Norberto Quintanar yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue, 14 Oct 2003 08:10:27 -0700 (PDT)

--- gladiool <gladiool@gmx.net> wrote:
> I got a old 7500/100 for free,
>
> bought a second hand 4 gig 7200 rpm scsi, drive
> 128 mb of memory, and a newertech 266/133 g3 upgrade,
> and it's flying really fast right now. didn't cost much.
>
> Only YDL wont see my 7500 onboard sound,

Open up a consle and type:

modprobe dmasound

to get sound

> and i can't seem to run
> higher resolutions than 800 times 600 with fbdev,

The video chip in the PowerMac 7200 and 7500 is codename Control. It
is an internal Apple chip, the only acceleration possible for it is
from the valkyrie frame buffer driver. Linux should automatically
detect it, if not put

"video=controlfb:vmode:17:cmode:16" in BootX's more kernel arguments
(without the quotes).

Good luck :)