Stock 7500 won't boot 3.0

yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed, 15 Oct 2003 09:19:46 +0200 (CEST)

> I downloaded YDL3.0 about 2 days after it was announced, saved to a
> Windows98SE PC. After downloading the ISOs, I verified the md5sums were
> matching. I burned the CDs at 32x on to 48x CDR media with Nero 5.5.7.1,
> no errors were reported during the burn. The recorder is new, having
> burned < 20 CDR/CDRWs thus far.

I had a similar problem with knoppix-MiB-ppc, a live linux cdrom.
I burnt the iso (md5sum was ok) with Nero on a PC. But the disk
was not bootable under Mac. I copied the iso to my iBook and burnt
it with Toast Titanium. The disk was fine. Reason: Nero doesn't know how
to write disks to be Mac bootable. One can have the same problem
with xcdroast on an intel machine.

Richard