Stock 7500 - contiued

Lee Dunbar yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu, 16 Oct 2003 10:28:12 -0700 (PDT)

Regarding my 7500 install, I know what my monitor resolution is, and I know that XFree86 offers a virtual desktop mode (it does offer it in x86 versions of xfree), so I'm going to go ahead with the installation....

That is, provided I can clear up one thing: I cannot read the text when booting into text mode. I lose horizontal lock. It is there for maybe 3/4 of a second, then diagonal lines take over. My hardware is fine as far as I can tell. Seems that the refresh rate of the monitor is 60Hz, and I need to pass a boot parameter. What boot parameter might I use whereby I can define refresh rate, for the installation processes to continue?

I'd really like to avoid dragging out my 21" RGB monitor just for this experiment, as I haven't enough real estate on the chair where the 7500 is now being operated.... experimnets can be a beast. ;-)