Upgrading hard disks in iMac

Norberto Quintanar yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri, 17 Oct 2003 05:39:53 -0700 (PDT)

--- Diego Barros <diego@heyboyo.com> wrote:
>are you suggesting that I need three drives? One to boot
> into
> the OS from, and then the source and destination drive?

Yes, unfortunately, yes.  You can use a Live-Distro though and have
the OS running from your CD-Rom

> When you say that it's easy to clone "identical drives", do you
> mean if they are both SCSI or IDE, or that they be the same size,
etc.?

Same type, SCSI to SCSI or IDE to IDE, the only problem I've ever run
into with cloning a hard drive under Linux is with Windoze XP Home.
Which is difficult to clone IMO under any scenario.
Hope this clarifies your questions.