CD Writer recognition

Chris Gehlker yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sat, 18 Oct 2003 07:08:03 -0700

On Saturday, October 18, 2003, at 01:29 AM, mascarasnake wrote:

> On Fri, 2003-10-17 at 23:35, Chris Gehlker wrote:

>>> OK, how do I make this work?
>>
>> Become root and run pdisk -l. Report the results.
>
> This is the full pdisk listing:
[snip listing]

Which shows that somehow things have become exactly backwards. The
Apple CD-ROM is being mapped as a SCSI, /dev/scd0, while the CD-RW is
marked as an IDE, /dev/hdg. I don't have any idea how that happened but
at this point I'd look for symlinks to scd0 and hdg in the /dev
directory and reverse them.