can't view linux GUI

Matt Pist yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sat, 18 Oct 2003 02:05:05 -0700

hey everyone, this is my first excursion into the linux arena, and my
first message to this list. im having a problem with YDL 3.0...

near the end of the installation, im prompted for a monitor type, and
resolution. the problem is after selecting a monitor from the list, it
prompts me to select a screen resolution, but the only resolution
available is 1440x990 (i think). i tried selecting it, knowing it
probably wouldn't work because my monitor only supports a resolution of
up to 1024x768. of course, on starting up of the GUI, the screen goes
nutty and i can't barely see anything much less DO anything.

my system is:
Powerbook g4 1.0ghz
768 mb ram
L2 cache: 512k
machine model: powerbook6,2 (version = 1.1)
sys vers: mac os x 10.2.8 (6R73)
kernel version: darwin 6.8
HHD: 60 gb

i checked the ydl site, but couldn't find any solutions... so if anyone
could help with this it would be very much appreciated! i haven't even
gotten to play with ydl yet, so i really want to get this problem out
of the way!

thanks,
matt