More than 3 bootable partitions

M. Rowen yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
23 Oct 2003 10:39:17 -0500

I did try adding another "macos" line to the yaboot.conf file, but this
did not result in any additional boot choices (I did run ybin after the
update). I guess I will have to dig deeper into Yaboot. I'm still not
sure if this is a Yaboot limitation or one imposed by the hardware and
the open boot firmware. Although I've worked with single partition Macs
in the past and have worked with Linux on Intel systems, this is the
first time I've done any multiple partition stuff with a Mac. I guess my
next attempt will be to bring up the firmware open boot menu to see what
is presented there. I'll let you know what I find.

-Mike