Artsbuilder crashes with SIGSEGV

Bo Parker yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon, 27 Oct 2003 14:20:21 +0000

Greetings

I have recently installed Yellow Dog Linux on my 2002 Quicksilver G4
933.

I'm trying to get some sound and sound synthesis software working. The
xmms software that was installed with YDL works just fine. In
addition, I have been able to successfully download and compile the
sndstretch

  <http://www.geocities.com/harpin_floh/sndstretch_page.html>

and defx

  <http://defx.sourceforge.net/>

plugins for xmms. Both work fine, so YDL is able to work with my
Mac's sound circuitry at least this much.

HOWEVER, when I try to use the artsbuilder modular synthesizer
front-end (which is included in with YDL), it crashes every time I
try to execute the synthesis: the artsbuilder window disappears and
then an error dialog box shows up that says something about SIGSEGV.
At the point, sound stops working (e.g., xmms no longer works) until
I log out and back in.

Any help on getting artsbuilder working will be greatly appreciated!

-Bo Parker

Fretting that your Hotmail account may expire because you forgot to sign in
enough? Get Hotmail Extra Storage today!
http://join.msn.com/?PAGE=features/es