PowerTower Pro with no OS

Clinton MacDonald yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon, 27 Oct 2003 15:19:58 -0600

Norberto:

On Monday, October 27, 2003, at 01:54  PM, Norberto Quintanar wrote:
> But in case you haven't replaced it [SCSI hard drive], try here:
>
> <http://www.softwareandstuff.com/h_strg_423451W.html>
>
> I recently bought a whole bunch of these to make a server farm, and
> they work just great with Mac OS 7-10, but they also work well with
> Linux.

I just visited the Web site: whoa, what a monster! Fourteen rotating
platters with 28 moving heads for a total of 23 GB, and weighing in at
3.2 kg. Yet, for US$8 each, I am tempted to buy five or six. :-)

Best wishes,
Clint

--
Dr. Clinton C. MacDonald | <mailto:clint DOT macdonald AT sbcglobal DOT
net>