mounting hfs+ partitions in yellowdog, and vice versa

Clinton MacDonald yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon, 27 Oct 2003 15:29:31 -0600

Richard:

On Monday, October 27, 2003, at 03:12  PM, Richard.Gill@math.uu.nl
wrote:
> Today, victory!!!!

Congratulations!

> I got some excellent help from the yellowdog-general list, in
> particular from:
> [...]
> I followed slavishly the instructions at
> <http://yellowdoglinux.com/support/solutions/ydl_general/kernels.shtml>
> [...]

Please record what you did to set up your kernel -- for the time when I
have to compile my own kernel, then I will know to ask you for advice!
:-)

> I think this is what linux is all about: days trying to solve a
> problem and finally a solution with the help of everyone out there. In
> the meantime a big exercise in patience and attention to detail...

That's The Linux Way. ;-)

So, how is the HFS+ support? Can you mount HFS+ partitions normally?
Can they be seen in Konqueror? Can you drag-and-drop files, or do you
have to mv/cp from the command line? And, I assume that resource forks
are ignored from the Linux side, right? Let us know!

Best wishes,
Clint

--
Dr. Clinton C. MacDonald | <mailto:clint DOT macdonald AT sbcglobal DOT
net>