YDL 3.0 won't boot!

Max Malzkuhn yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu, 30 Oct 2003 08:56:17 -0800

Hi folks,

I'm not a linux newbie, but definitely a YDL newbie.  I've had
MKLinux and PPC Linux both on this box before, but liked what I saw
with YDL.  The problem I am having is that I can no longer boot into
YDL 3.0.  I had OS 9.2 and OS X 10.28 installed on the first
partition (8GB) and YDL on the rest.  It was working fine although I
had some problem yesterday with OS X, but before that YDL just
stopped working.  When I try to boot into it, I get as far as the
arch: exit  message and it just sits there.  I can hear the hard disk
spin up and some access going on, but then nothing.  I am running
this on a G3 Powerbook (Wallstreet) which is why I must have OS9 on
the machine.  I ran into this once before and was able to "break" the
problem by resetting PRAM.  This time, no such luck.  Any ideas?
Suggestions?

TIA,

Max