Serious Partition Map Problem!

Robbie Laughlin yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu, 30 Oct 2003 21:12:38 -0500

--B_3150393158_66844

Hi. I am having some extreme troubles, in that I am experiencing the issue
with YDL 3.0 installer, where it has set the partition type label to
=B3Apple_Bootstrap=B2 instead of =B3Apple_Partition_Map=B2.

Full details of this issue can be found in a post here:
http://lists.terrasoftsolutions.com/pipermail/yellowdog-general/2003-April/=
0
07186.html

My problem is that my install of yellow dog linux 3.0 will NOT boot at all.
Everytime that yaboot loads, I get the following error message:

/pci@80000000/pci-bridge@d/pci-ata@1/@0/disk@1:6, \\yaboot.conf: Unable to
open file, Invalid Device
Can=B9t open config file

So I am stuck in a rock and a hard place now... I have booted into os 9
successfully, but basically all my hard drives have the partition map
botched by the bug in the anaconda installer. And I can=B9t boot into YDL to
run an updated pdisk the way that the above link instructed...

Is there a way to fix these partition maps in os 9? And how about booting
into linux, what am I needing to do to fix that?
Please help,
Thanks,
Robbie Laughlin

--B_3150393158_66844

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>Serious Partition Map Problem!</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<FONT FACE=3D"Verdana">Hi. I am having some extreme troubles, in that I am ex=
periencing the issue with YDL 3.0 installer, where it has set the partition =
type label to &#8220;Apple_Bootstrap&#8221; instead of &#8220;Apple_Partitio=
n_Map&#8221;.<BR>
<BR>
Full details of this issue can be found in a post here:<BR>
http://lists.terrasoftsolutions.com/pipermail/yellowdog-general/2003-April/=
007186.html<BR>
<BR>
My problem is that my install of yellow dog linux 3.0 will NOT boot at all.=
<BR>
Everytime that yaboot loads, I get the following error message:<BR>
<BR>
/pci@80000000/pci-bridge@d/pci-ata@1/@0/disk@1:6, \\yaboot.conf: Unable to =
open file, Invalid Device<BR>
Can&#8217;t open config file<BR>
<BR>
So I am stuck in a rock and a hard place now... I have booted into os 9 suc=
cessfully, but basically all my hard drives have the partition map botched b=
y the bug in the anaconda installer. And I can&#8217;t boot into YDL to run =
an updated pdisk the way that the above link instructed...<BR>
<BR>
Is there a way to fix these partition maps in os 9? And how about booting i=
nto linux, what am I needing to do to fix that?<BR>
Please help,<BR>
Thanks,<BR>
Robbie Laughlin</FONT>
</BODY>