iMac hard drive setup

Daniel Waldron yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu, 30 Oct 2003 21:48:26 -0700

On Thu, 2003-10-30 at 20:14, rjgoos@ydl.net wrote:
> I have a green 333 mHz iMac, whose 6 gig hard drive is almost full.  Other than
> that, it is an adequate machine for my purposes.  I use both OS 9 and OSX on it
> with no problems.  It's a little slow sometimes, but I really don't care.
> I've never used Yaboot, is this the preferred booter for this machine?
>
> Anything else I should know?

I also have a 333 mHz iMac, on which I recently installed YDL 3 as a
linux novice.

Yaboot works fine for me.  I had to edit XF86Config by hand to get X to
work at all, but after much tinkering it now works fine.  (had I known
what I was doing I probably could have gotten it to work in half the
time).

Dan