PM9500/180 dual processor install problems

Matt Emson yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed, 3 Sep 2003 14:09:14 +0100

Okay, so my problem was actually due to booting with the wrong kernel.... I
figured this out by chance, but happened because BootX only remembers your
settings if you click 'save config' and otherwise ignores it (very 'un
control panel like' to be honest.)... Got the graphical installer now and I
am watching the packeges fly on to my disk as we speak..

I'm also booting from 8.0 rather than 9.1 after panicing because Disk Druid
calimed it wanted to format my BeOS partitions (I clicked 'no' but I still
had to check..) The BeBoot loader only works from 8.x (maybe not 8.6 iirc)

If I get this up and running I'll shut up, so pray for silence ;-P

Matt