PM9500/180 dual processor install problems

yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed, 3 Sep 2003 09:04:22 -0500

Matt:

On Wednesday, September 3, 2003, at 08:09  AM, Matt Emson wrote:
> Okay, so my problem was actually due to booting with the wrong
> kernel.... I figured this out by chance, but happened because BootX
> only remembers your settings if you click 'save config' and otherwise
> ignores it (very 'un control panel like' to be honest.)...

That messed me up, at first, too (but, to be fair, the YDL and BootX
instructions are pretty clear on the subject -- if only I had read them
:-) ).

> I'm also booting from 8.0 rather than 9.1 after panicing because Disk
> Druid
> calimed it wanted to format my BeOS partitions (I clicked 'no' but I
> still
> had to check..) The BeBoot loader only works from 8.x (maybe not 8.6
> iirc)

So, tell us: what's the BeOS like? Does it live up to its hype? Do you
like the database-like file system? Does it have any "killer apps"? How
does it compare in usability to the Mac OS or GNU/Linux?

Best wishes,
Clint

--
Dr. Clinton C. MacDonald | <mailto:clint.macdonald@sbcglobal.net>