New user with a couple of questions.............

Harvey Ussery yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed, 3 Sep 2003 10:17:54 -0400

On Tuesday, September 2, 2003, at 11:05  PM, Jim B. wrote:

> I ordered my copy of YDL 3.0 yesterday for a Mac G4, 733mhz
> Quicksilver and
> I have a couple of questions.
>
> 1. I am currently using a Kensington Optical mouse but still have the
> original Apple mouse that shipped with the machine. Will I still be
> able to
> stick with the Kensington in spite of the fact that they do not
> provide a
> driver for Linux installations?
>
> 2. Same deal with the keyboard, i.e. I have the original Apple
> keyboard but
> switched to a Logitech keyboard and wondered what options I have.

I absolutely >hated< both the mouse & keyboard supplied with my
iMac--using the keyboard especially was wrecking my wrists. Replaced
mouse with a Logitech optical model & the keyboard with a Kinesis
Advantage ergonomic model. (Expensive, but relief to the wrists was
immediate & well worth it.) So I am not using the same models you are.
But my experience is that keyboard & mouse are not likely to present
any special config problems--I just started using both as soon as the
install process was complete.   Indeed, with the Kinesis, I had
switched to the Dvorak layout on the Mac OSX side. When I started
typing after installing YDL3.0, the Dvorak input was properly accepted
with no further configuration needed from me.

Good luck.    --Harvey