OEM keyboards and IMS TwinTurbo

glenn greenfield yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed, 03 Sep 2003 10:00:00 -0700

> 1. I am currently using a Kensington Optical mouse but still have the
> original Apple mouse that shipped with the machine. Will I still be able to
> stick with the Kensington in spite of the fact that they do not provide a
> driver for Linux installations?
>
> 2. Same deal with the keyboard, i.e. I have the original Apple keyboard but
> switched to a Logitech keyboard and wondered what options I have.
> Jim Bennett
> Portland, Oregon

Hi Jim,

I have an OEM keyboard that works just fine.  Also anything connected via USb has worked as well. In fact- I keep both the ADB mouse and a Logitech USB mouse connected simutaneously and yes they both work.  How does the Kensington connect? USB?

> I have PM9500 180 dual processor, IMS TwinTurbo 128 video card (I can get an
> ATi MAch 64 if that will help). 64mb ram. 3 internal drives, 1 CDRom and an
> external drive. I'm trying to install tot he external drive but I gat a
> freeze up on the selection of the source media (I have got it to change from
> CDRom to NFS once, but by complete accident... I actually want CDRom)
>
> Anyone got any ideas? I'll take a mozy over to Mandrake if not.
>
>  (This is not my first Linux install - done multiple Mandrake, RedHat and
>  Gentoo on Intel hardware.)
>
>  Matt

Hi Matt,

Sorry I have no idea even what machine you have let alone how to install anyting on it - in fact it took me a month to get Macos installed on my old world UMAX.  :P  That was an experience!
I can however say with absolute certainty that the Twin Turbo card does in fact work with YDL.  Since I use bootx I had to make sure that both the "force video mode" and "no video driver" options were checked and have a default depth of 24 in XF86Config.

http://www.linuxmail.org/