Install problems: Apple Cinema Display 17" Display

Florent Bruchez yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
07 Sep 2003 10:30:58 +1400

On Sun, 2003-09-07 at 10:18, Jim B. wrote:
> I'm having a problem with using the GUI Installer with a Apple Cinema
> Display 17" Display.
>
> When I boot from the YDL Install CD #1 and after it goes through it's boot
> process the screen that comes up is completely scrambled. It's just lines
> and lines of color but you can 'kind of' see what is trying to be displayed.
>
> The video card is a GeForce 2MX (standard card with the 733-mhz Quicksilver
> G4)

I think the resolution using by the installer is not supported by the
17". And I think you can use the second method of install, but i dont
remember the name.

When you start your boot on the CD you need to enter the install method,
retry using the seconde choice. I don't know if it's your problem, but
you can try...

Regards,
Florent