Install problems: Apple Cinema Display 17" Display

Robert Fernandes yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sat, 6 Sep 2003 16:38:05 -0400

On Saturday, September 6, 2003, at 04:30 PM, Florent Bruchez wrote:

> On Sun, 2003-09-07 at 10:18, Jim B. wrote:
>> I'm having a problem with using the GUI Installer with a Apple Cinema
>> Display 17" Display.
>>
>> When I boot from the YDL Install CD #1 and after it goes through it's
>> boot
>> process the screen that comes up is completely scrambled. It's just
>> lines
>> and lines of color but you can 'kind of' see what is trying to be
>> displayed.
>>
>> The video card is a GeForce 2MX (standard card with the 733-mhz
>> Quicksilver
>> G4)
>
> I think the resolution using by the installer is not supported by the
> 17". And I think you can use the second method of install, but i dont
> remember the name.
>
> When you start your boot on the CD you need to enter the install
> method,
> retry using the seconde choice. I don't know if it's your problem, but
> you can try...
>
> Regards,
> Florent

I don't know what the solution to your problem is, but I have the same
display and had no problems with the install. Once you do get ydl
installed successfully, though, you will likely need to make a change
to your XF86Config file: under monitor, change "dpms" to "Flat Panel".