Burning install CDs

Bill Lockhart yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sun, 7 Sep 2003 12:12:11 -0500

--Apple-Mail-2-895668772

I actually envy you that are having install problems.
I can't seem to get that far!

I have an iMac DV 400 with 1 gig of RAM and a 40 gig HD that is
basically doing nothing right now so I thought I would try Linux on it.

My problem is I am trying to  download YDL 3.0 to my iBook(800 Combo
model with 640 RAM and running OS 10.2.6)
(I plan on burning the CDs and then installing YDL on the iMac)

I've gone to the yellowdoglinux download page:
I've tried clicking either
Yellow Dog Linux 3.0
Yellow Dog Linux 3.0 ISOs (CD-ROM images)
the icon appears on my desktop, seems to have the whole program in just
a couple of minutes
(I have cable but this just seems too fast for the size of YDL)
then, when I double click on the install 1 disk image, Disk Copy tries
to mount but goes on forever and if I try to stop it, my iBook locks up.

Could someone please tell me step by step how to burn the YDL install
cds on myiBook so I can then install YDL on my iMac?
I'm sure once I get over this hump I'll be able to figure things out(I
hope).

thanks

Bill

--Apple-Mail-2-895668772

install problems.

I can't seem to get that far!

I have an iMac DV 400 with 1 gig of RAM and a 40 gig HD that is
basically doing nothing right now so I thought I would try Linux on it.

My problem is I am trying to  download YDL 3.0 to my iBook(800 Combo
model with 640 RAM and running OS 10.2.6)

(I plan on burning the CDs and then installing YDL on the iMac)

I've gone to the yellowdoglinux download page:

I've tried clicking either

</color>(CD-ROM images)

the icon appears on my desktop, seems to have the whole program in
just a couple of minutes

(I have cable but this just seems too fast for the size of YDL)

then, when I double click on the install 1 disk image, Disk Copy tries
to mount but goes on forever and if I try to stop it, my iBook locks
up.

Could someone please tell me step by step how to burn the YDL install
cds on myiBook so I can then install YDL on my iMac?

I'm sure once I get over this hump I'll be able to figure things out(I
hope).

thanks

Bill

</fontfamily>