Variety of ? - 'net,palm,printer,mol...

yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon, 8 Sep 2003 23:01:39 -0500

Jason:

This e-mail won't be directly helpful to you, but it might give you
some pointers...

On Monday, September 8, 2003, at 08:58  PM, Jason Kibbe wrote:
> I have a blueberry ibook with YDL 3.0 installed and I'm starting to
> feel like I'm in over my head...
>
> 1. My modem isn't recognized. I use the Config. Wizard and it searches
> for a modem and tells me I have none.

I haven't yet had to use the modem on my Wallstreet, so I am not an
expert. The YDL Web site insists that your modem is recognized in 3.0:

<http://www.yellowdoglinux.com/support/hardware/breakdown/
index.php?hw_cat_id=3>

Nevertheless, I searched the Yellow Dog mailing list archives (go to
the top of any page on the YDL Website, and enter text in the search
field at the top <http://www.yellowdoglinux.com/>), and you aren't
going to like the answer I found:

<http://lists.terrasoftsolutions.com/pipermail/yellowdog-general/2003-
May/007217.html>

...which suggests that a new kernal installation is in order. :-(

Perhaps a more experienced head on this list will be able to help you.

> 4. I'm trying to configure MOL and I don't even know how to answer the
> 1st question -- something about platinum...

Could you be more specific? The initial setup of MOL is described at:

<http://www.maconlinux.org/>

I don't recall "platinum" being involved.

Good luck!

Best wishes,
Clint

--