Anyone have luck with Apple Studio 17 (CRT) + Xclaim3D?

Jim Newberry yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue, 09 Sep 2003 09:25:18 -0700

Hi Newbies (an unfortunate occasional nickname of mine...),

Anyone been able to get the ati driver to work with the Apple Studio 17
(I've got the older blue one) and Xclaim3D video card? Both the card and
the montior seem to be auto-detected correctly, but starting X throws
the monitor into power saving mode with a complaint about one (or both)
of the syncs being out of range.

Anyone got a modeline that will work? Seems like 85Hz, 1024x768 works
great on the MacOS side.

Several years ago I got Xpmac to work, but I'd like to get the standard
XFree driver working if at all possible. Yes, I know that the "frame
buffer" mode works (sorta) as a fallback, but I'd like to use the
graphics card if I can.

Jim

--
/*