VNC and MOL together

Longman, Bill yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue, 9 Sep 2003 09:08:39 -0700

> Subject: VNC and MOL together
>

> I have TightVNC Viewer looking into a Windows box, and
> starting MOL kills it.
> On an Old World PM7500/200 running YDL 2.2.
> Would be really neat if I can instantly switch between the
> Big Three OSes on
> one machine. (Mac 9.1, Windows 2000, and Linux)
> Starting vncviewer after MOL doesn't work either, but it
> works great if MOL
> isn't started. The terminal error is "no route to host" if MOL is on.
> TightVNC doesn't have any settings menu, or config files that
> I can see.
> Anyone have a suggestion?

Just add the route back in. My gut tells me when MOL starts, it's getting a
new address and frying your routes. You should be able to add it back in.

$ route

before and after MOL and compare the two. Give us a peek and we can set you
straight. Routing is cake....

Bill

PS - There are heaps of VNC options for the client and the server. Check
around.