yum seems to have lost its connection, again

Tobey Wheelock yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri, 12 Sep 2003 20:12:12 -0400

Is there anything you can do when yum loses its connection? For
instance, right now it has downloaded 9887744 bytes of
XFree86-4.3.0-2.1e.ppc.rpm. But the file has not been updated for 35
minutes. Yum still is displaying the message "Getting
XFree86-4.3.0-2.1e.ppc.rpm".

This is the third or fourth big file that this has happened with. If I
force yum to quit and then restart it, it tells me that the aborted file
is corrupt and needs to be removed.

Since I'm on a dialup connection, I'm really not looking forward to
re-downloading the almost 10MB of XFree86 that I already have. If I
remember correctly, apt-get just picks up where it left off when you
lose your connection.

What should I do? Just wait and see if yum reconnects? Switch to apt and
start over?

Thanks for any advice.
Tobey Wheelock