One last set of linux file sharing questions

eps22 yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sun, 14 Sep 2003 11:39:22 -0400

Wow, that should make things easy.  Fugu looks like a great program.

Sorry to keep pestering you about sharing (along with Jim), but one
last set of questions, if you don't mind:

How do I find out, on my Linux box, what:

a) The IP address is that my router assigned to it (on my OS 10.2 box,
I just go to Sys Prefs and then to Networking for all the information);

b) The computer name?  I don't remember giving the computer a name when
I installed YDL - all it asked for, I think, was a password for root,
and then the name and password for my main user account;

c) The password for the computer?  Again, in YDL, I know the password
for root, and for my main user account, but I don't remember ever
giving my Linux computer a password the same way that I gave one to my
OS 10.2 box.

Thanks so much again for any guidance.

Evan