One last set of linux file sharing questions

Michael Molino yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sun, 14 Sep 2003 10:37:48 -0400

> a) The IP address is that my router assigned to it (on my OS 10.2 box,
> I just go to Sys Prefs and then to Networking for all the information);

/sbin/ifconfig

> b) The computer name?  I don't remember giving the computer a name when
> I installed YDL - all it asked for, I think, was a password for root,
> and then the name and password for my main user account;

hostname

> c) The password for the computer?  Again, in YDL, I know the password
> for root, and for my main user account, but I don't remember ever
> giving my Linux computer a password the same way that I gave one to my
> OS 10.2 box.

when you connect via ssh, you can login as any of the users set uo on your
linux box (i.e. root or your user account).

--
Michael Molino
973-769-0994