KOffice and OpenOffice

Harvey Ussery yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu, 18 Sep 2003 10:07:31 -0400

Samuel,

This is the relevant quote from one of the Readme files in the install
program:

"You can install OpenOffice.org 1.1 along side of an older version of
OpenOffice.org. If you later choose to deinstall the older version of
OpenOffice.org, you must call the installation program of the newer
version and choose 'Repair'. This ensures that the new version is
correctly registered in your system."

At the moment I am keeping my older ver in place. But if I get really
conifdent in the new ver, I will get rid of the old. (I'll have to
review uninstall procedures/options at that time.)

Good luck.    --Harvey