Bochs (How easy)

Dave Oshel yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed, 24 Sep 2003 08:43:23 -0500

Bochs is terribly, terribly slow.  I downloaded it and figured out to
install the Red Hat Linux 6 image -- which selfsame procedure is
extremely simple, but the instructions were probably written by
chimpanzees.

On a chiclet iBook (pre-2001), it required 10 minutes for Enlightenment
to load, and then the Mac hardware and Bochs software cursors were not
synchronized.  I gave it up as a noble experiment, but a very bad joke
in a work environment.

IMHO, if you need to run Windows on a Mac, Virtual PC is your only
choice.  Yes, Microsoft owns it, and no, they probably didn't buy it
out of kindness, but ... doggonit, sometimes Microsoft does ok by Mac.
It's a little like sleeping with a million-dollar whore with clap --
you know what you're getting into and only you can decide if its worth
it.