Bochs (How easy)

Robert Persson yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue, 23 Sep 2003 22:15:03 -0700

I tried getting Bochs running under macos 8.5/9.1 and it was a complete
bastard. The instructions are clear as mud and I just could not work out
how to get it running with a disk image on which I could install an
operating system.

I used to use SoftWindows95 on a mac I once owned and that was pretty slow
(as this kind of emulation will inevitably be).  From what I have heard,
Bochs would be even slower.

You might be better off getting an old Pentium machine and a 14" monitor
through your local free-ads, if you have one where you live.  If you live
in a major urban centre in a developed country you could probably do it
for under US$40 / EUR50.  If you have an ethernet hub or a router at home
you could forget the monitor and control your Windows box from your YDL
one using VNC.  I suspect the performance would be much better than Bochs
would ever give you.

Hope this helps
Robert Persson