Quicken Alternative

yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed, 24 Sep 2003 18:53:47 -0500

John:

On Wednesday, September 24, 2003, at 06:23  PM, John wrote:
> I was wondering if any one was using a quicken alternative and what
> they thought of it. I have heard good things about Kapital, but they
> charge and because we are a minority we would have to download the
> source and compile it ourselves. I do not mind paying if the program
> is worth it. I just wanted to see what others were using and if you
> liked it. I myself just put the items into quicken for my check book
> and then reconcile it at the end of the month. I do not need an
> application that does a lot more then just these two items.

Look for "GnuCash" <http://www.gnucash.org/>. It should be available as
part of your installation:

<http://www.yellowdoglinux.com/products/software/included/
details.php?s_cat_disp=&cat_disp=&app_id=453>

I haven't tried it, yet, myself, but it is the "Linux Standard"
alternative for Quicken.

Best wishes,
Clint

--
Dr. Clinton C. MacDonald | <mailto:clint DOT macdonald AT sbcglobal DOT
net>