can't partition HD for installation

Clinton MacDonald yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue, 27 Apr 2004 17:22:52 -0500

Norberto:

Norberto Quintanar wrote:
> Cinton, your mastery of the black vernacular never ceases to amaze
> me! Does TT have an underground ebonics movement we aren't aware
> of?!

Well, I do try to keep up. :-) Actually, it has been my experience that
every kid in high school growing up today is experiencing "black
culture" through hip-hop and rap music in much the same way that a few
years ago they were all surfer dudes and grungers, and back in my day we
were all hippies. It's the predominant cultural statement of young
people, and we old farts had better get used to it... until the next
wave comes through.

> When my parents went there the most black culture of any kind
> was Charlie Pride.

Well, things have changed here in West Texas! These days the radio in my
lab is awash in a weird conflagration of country music and hip-hop. The
kids seem to move back and forth between both sounds seamlessly. To be
honest, as a 40-something white guy, I can listen to rap music for
longer than I can listen to the country music, though both make me
uncomfortable. Go figure.

Best wishes,
Clint
(who wonders, is it cooler to be white like Clint Black or black like
Barry White?)

Note: the Yellow Dog Newbie mailing list is not currently being archived
(we don't know why). Therefore, for significant questions whose answers
might help other Yellow Dog Linux users, we recommend you sign up for
the Yellow Dog General list: