can't partition HD for installation

Clinton MacDonald yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue, 27 Apr 2004 19:10:36 -0500

Macarasnake:

Someday you will have to explain to me and to everyone else the
significance of that name! ;-)

mascarasnake wrote:
> [...] I found that this breaking of links happens
> frequently on this list. I don't know if it's a
> client or server issue, but it happens.

One way to limit (though not eliminate) the problem of mail or server
clients breaking URLs incorrectly is always to enclose them in angle
brackets ("<" and ">"). There is some protocol somewhere out there on
the Internet that states this is the correct way to delimit URLs. I have
found that *most* (though, of course, not all -- Microsoft Outlook,
anyone?) e-mail clients respect this convention and will keep the URL
together. For instance:

<http://www.yellowdoglinux.com/support/>

... is all on one line, while

<http://www.yellowdoglinux.com/
support/>

... is on two lines. Supposedly, they will *both* be encoded correctly
(let's use this e-mail as a test).

Best wishes,
Clint

Note: the Yellow Dog Newbie mailing list is not currently being archived
(we don't know why). Therefore, for significant questions whose answers
might help other Yellow Dog Linux users, we recommend you sign up for
the Yellow Dog General list: