OT: Re: can't partition HD for installation

Clinton MacDonald yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue, 27 Apr 2004 21:12:25 -0500

Hey, Macarana:

(*WAY* off topic!)

mascarasnake wrote:
> as for the name, I'm a Captain Beefheart junkie and play guitar. With
> the exception of Ry Cooder on his first album, Beefheart's main
> guitarist was known simply as "the mascarasnake."

Aha! That explains so much! I must admit, I am not so familiar with the
Beefheart oeuvre, but I may take it up sometime soon. I am, however, a
big Ry Cooder slide guitar fan.

> If you are unfamiliar with Beefheart's stuff, check
> out 1969's "Trout Mask Replica" - Produced by Frank
> Zappa. Seminal  work.

This sounds like a good place to start. The iTunes Music Store came up
with only a single cut, "Vampire Suite" (Captain Beefheart & The Magic
Band) from an odd compilation album, _Songs in the Key of Z, Vol. 1_.
Overall, not very informative.

Keep it real!

Best wishes,
Clint
("Hey, what are we going to do with 25 pounds of 'Bee farts'?")

Note: the Yellow Dog Newbie mailing list is not currently being archived
(we don't know why). Therefore, for significant questions whose answers
might help other Yellow Dog Linux users, we recommend you sign up for
the Yellow Dog General list: