DHCP IP address

mascarasnake yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu, 29 Apr 2004 09:58:59 -0400

Hey, Jean-Achille-

I think this is what your asking.

  dhcp should be installed, if you did a workstation or server install.

As far as locating packages installed, dpkg isn't on the YDL system.
apt-get is, if your familiar with the debian tools.
YDL uses RPM packaging ala RedHat Linux and the preferred utitlity for
this is yum.

There a couple ways to determine what's installed:
The neanderthal way
	$ locate dhcp*
will return all files and directories installed on your system with
dhcp in the name
	$ rpm -qi
will return all of the RPMs that are installed. Be prepared to pipe
this to "less" or to a text file.
	yum list dhcp*
will return a list of all RPMs that are available on the yum server and
then those installed that start with dhcp

check out the man pages on rpm and yum for more info.

g'luck

	It's what you make it man
	Takes time
	A little bit