DHCP IP address

Andrew yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu, 29 Apr 2004 15:56:32 -0400

On Thu, 2004-04-29 at 09:05, jeanachille wrote:
> Hello Krischan,
>
> I've got the "redhat-control-network".
> I can activate my internal ethernet card.
>
> But when I try it, I'v got a error message, I'don't get a Ip address.
>
> What I wants to know, if dhcp rpm is install in YDL 3.0
> With Debian, you do that:
> root--- dpkg -l dhcp-client

on rpm-based systems (like YDL), its rpm -q <packagename>
 I have dhcp-3.0pl1-9a

> If is instal you have the number, if not root said no dhcp.
>
> But when I write root--- dpkg -l dhcp-client, I've got no command for dpkg.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jean-Achille.

Ok, run 'redhat-control-network' FIRST as root. Click on 'Configure...'
Click on 'Edit' button, on 'General' tab and check the 'Allow all users
to enable and disable the device' checkbox. Click 'OK' and close the
Configuration window. Save changes.

Est-ce que ca fonctionne mieux maintenant?