Printing Question

Ed Sutherland yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri, 30 Apr 2004 12:07:52 -0400

On Friday 30 April 2004 11:53, Clinton MacDonald wrote:

> Printing problems are the bane of Yellow Dog Linux, or of almost any
> Linux on any platform. People have had more success with solving them on
> the Yellow Dog General mailing list, so I recommend you ask your
> question there (we are, after all, all newbies here :-) ). Look in my
> signature for directions to the General list.

Setting up local USB printing with YDL was a snap, compared to doing it in
other distros. The trouble is when you get into CUPS.  But all a user (well,
almost every user) has to do is follow the online howto instructions, which
basically are find your printer, fire up printtool, create a new printer,
name it lp0, and test your printer.

Ed