Sharing printers

David C. Hacker, DVM yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sun, 2 May 2004 14:07:18 -0500

Try setting up samba.  Once you get samba running then it will
automatically share your printer if it is configured right on your ydl
computer.  I would also install samba swat.  This way you can go into
your web browser to localhost:900 and make sure your configuration is
setup ok.  It will share your printer as a windows printer.  Then when
you go into OS X you just add a new printer and choose windows printer
and generic.  This way it will use the drivers you have set up in cups
on your ydl computer and print out fine.  I even use this to print from
OS X in MOL, since the USB support in MOL doesn't seem to recognize my
printer.  Just make sure you have samba installed and activated at
startup in your runlevel.  Let me know if you have more questions.  It
also works great for sharing files between linux and OS X.

David C. Hacker, DVM
212 N 1st St #2
New Salem, ND 58563
(701) 843-8179