Sharing printers

Frank Hieber yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
01 May 2004 18:16:16 -0700

I would like to share my locally connected USB Epson printer with my
wife's iMac over our network, and I would also like to have access to
her locally connected USB Epson Printer connected to her iMac.  I'm
using YDL 3.0, she has OS 10.3.3.  I can not figure out CUPS.  I have a
vague understanding of what it is trying to do, but I can not get it to
share correctly.  So far, I have completely disabled my printer, gotten
it to print reams of gibberish, or had it working fine.  From my YDL
machine I can see both machines CUPS configurations (192.168.1.5:631 and
192.168.1.3:631) but from her computer I can only see her CUPS
configuration (192.168.1.3:631).  Does anyone know how to do this.  CUPS
is so screwy.  Even trying to ask a simple question has become
complicated.  Geez!