Very Newbie question

Richard Pratt yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue, 4 May 2004 12:22:08 -0400

Good Afternoon,

I'm playing with YDL as a way to leverage some more use out of a bunch
of older iMacs we have here at our High School.  Since, I have to
admit, I'm also fairly new to Linux in general, I'm having difficulty
figuring out how to set up these machines so students will be able to
access network home directories and printers on our mostly Windows
network. My question really is this:  Which install (desktop?
workstation?something else?) will give kids the access they need?  Or
are there components I need to install outside of the standards?  Any
help will be much appreciated.

Richard Pratt