old mac clone

Clinton MacDonald yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed, 05 May 2004 21:11:51 -0500

Mr. George:

George wrote:
> Radius 81/110
>
> I just picked up this _old_ box and am looking for Linux for it.
> I can't find it in the YD list. Anyone running something this old?

The Radius 81/110 is a clone of Apple's Power Mac 8100, according to Low
End Mac:

<http://www.lowendmac.com/radius/110.html>

You might be able to install Linux on the Radius as if it were an 8100.
The Yellow Dog hardware page implies that the 8100 is *barely* supported
-- which in reality, probably means unsupported:

<http://www.yellowdoglinux.com/support/hardware/breakdown/index.php?hw_cat_id=8>
<http://nubus-pmac.sourceforge.net/>

You might have better luck by looking at MKLinux:

<http://www.mklinux.org/>

I once got MKLinux to install on a Power Mac 7500. I got as far as the
command line (never got X to work), but that was more than I expected.

Good luck!

Best wishes,
Clint