INSTALL TERMINATES WITH 1 MINUTE LEFT!!

David C. Hacker, DVM yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu, 6 May 2004 13:40:12 -0500

It is not just 8Gb limitation.  The boot partition HAS to be within the
FIRST 8GB of the hard drive.  I don't think this is the reason the
installer crashed though.  My install went fine and yaboot came up but
it wouldn't boot my kernel because it wasn't in the first 8GB of the
hard drive which OpenFirmware recognizes on these older systems.  I had
to split my first 8GB up and put 4GB for OS X  2GB for / linux root.
and 2 GB for OS 9 then I put other partitions farther in the disk for
/home and /usr and /var.

David C. Hacker, DVM
212 N 1st St #2
New Salem, ND 58563