cd drive question and nessus question

steve s yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri, 14 May 2004 08:53:05 +1000

Hey everyone.

A while back I wrote asking for help about my cd drive not working and got
some replies but none that could help me. I have kept at it since then and
found that music CDs cant be recognised and I get a message " wrong fs type
or too many devices mounted" every time I try to mount my cd drive with a
music cd. When I use KsCD or XMMS the tracks are recognised and listed but
when I press play no sound comes and the cd time keeps going like it is
reading the cd. The only cd that I  can successfully mount is the YDL 3.0
CDs.

Can anyone out there play music CDs on their machine? Anyone have any ideas
with this extra information?

Another thing is that I was hoping to find out if anybody has tried nessus?
I was looking around the YDL web site and found and read about it. Is it
worth trying? Is it for networks only or can I use it on my machine at home?

Thanks for reading!

SEEK: Now with over 50,000 dream jobs! Click here:
http://ninemsn.seek.com.au?hotmail