bad sectors on ISO2 of 3.0.1?

Derick Centeno yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
01 Aug 2004 11:45:47 -0400

I had uncovered the following problem as a consequence of discovering
yum to be broken after reinstalling YDL 3.0 (sirius).  I had acquired
temporary use of a G5 to access, download and burn YDL 3.0.1 ISOs.  I
went to the oregonstate.edu mirror and proceeded.  When I downloaded the
first file everything seemed fine, but when I downloaded the second file
no matter how I restarted the download sequence the file being
downloaded had a different filename which was out of sequence from the
first and different from the third.  Maybe the problem was explorer I
cannot say; Mozilla however doesn't show that problem.

The OTHER problem which you should be reminded of, or perhaps you
already are, is that a README file exists regarding the creation of cds
using these ISOs; you'll discover, if you read it, that there is a
procedure to follow which will allow a successful burning and working
cds -- so that, as you say, "you'll avoid making coasters".