Plugging in ethernet

Scott S. Condie yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon, 2 Aug 2004 20:08:00 -0400

A question for those that know more than I.  I was able to get ydl
3.0.1 running on my Wallstreet Powerbook (thanks to all those that
helped) and now have a question about ethernet.  When I start the PB
with the ethernet cable plugged in it works like a charm (i.e. I can
access the internet), but I can't figure out how to tell the computer
that the cable is plugged in if I plug it in after the computer is
on.  This is useful if I am working at home and then need to go to
work and just want to put it to sleep instead of shutting down for
the trip.

I believe it has something to do with the 'eth0 interface' that is
mentioned in the log from the start up script, but I don't know what
that is or how to make it work outside of startup.

Your help is appreciated.

Scott