ethernet card: working/not working

yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon, 2 Aug 2004 18:43:06 -0700 (PDT)

hello list,

i finally got x working on my powerbook and it boots into kde or gnome
without a problem.

however. now my ethernet connection doesnt seem to work.

previously when x failed to launch and i was in terminal only mode i could
use it. i did a yum update yum and yum upgrade without any problem.

however. now that i boot into gnome i cant call up a web site.
i can however 192.168.1.1 to my router.

ive gone into the Network Device Control and looked at the settings.
Everything seems to be fine. It can deactivate and activate without a
problem.

The hardware is a (UniNorth 2 GMAC (Sun GEM))

Ive aslo checked the Security Settings panel and turned of any firewall
but no luck...

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Ian