$PYTHONHOME ?

Scott Condie yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon, 16 Aug 2004 15:43:44 -0400

I have just reinstalled ydl on my powerbook (after upgrading the HD).  After
trying to update some of the installed packages using yum I get the
following output

# yum list available
Could not find platform independent libraries <prefix>
Consider setting $PYTHONHOME to <prefix>[:<exec_prefix>]
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/yum", line 20, in ?
    import os
ImportError: No module named os

I have looked online for others with a similar problem, but none of them
seemed to have been running ydl.  Any help you can give me on how I might
repair the problem is appreciated.  Also, is this symptomatic of a bigger
problem or just a small fluke in the install.

Thanks!
Scott