Keyspan USB2 + Firewire Card (PCI)

Arch and Cath yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue, 17 Aug 2004 20:57:14 -0400

David is right the driver appears to be ohci1394.o.  Just to be sure I used
insmod and loaded ieee1394.o, confirmed initio.o (SCSI) and added advansys.o
(also SCSI).  I also tried to load some pci modules but got back a message
that they were not ELF files.    On boot up there is a message that says
"firewire initiated".

I am using a Keyspan USB2 + Firewire card.   The card works for my USB
printer.  This is what /proc/bus/ieee1394/devices looks like for my PCI
firewire port:

Node[0-01:1023]  GUID[006001cd000008d5]:
  Vendor ID: `Linux OHCI-1394' [0x00004c]
  Capabilities: 0x0083c0
  Bus Options:
    IRMC(1) CMC(1) ISC(1) BMC(0) PMC(0) GEN(0)
    LSPD(2) MAX_REC(2048) CYC_CLK_ACC(0)
  Host Node Status:
    Host Driver     : ohci1394
    Nodes connected : 2
    Nodes active    : 2
    SelfIDs received: 2
    Irm ID          : [0-01:1023]
    BusMgr ID       : [0-63:1023]
    In Bus Reset    : no
    Root            : yes
    Cycle Master    : yes
    IRM             : yes
    Bus Manager     : no

I got a test procedure "IEEE 1394 Linux Drivers" from vidredesign.com and my
system appears to pass all of their tests.     I added the suggested above
and option statements to /etc/modules.conf.  Unfortunately the Firewire
120GB HD has yet to appear.   Neither pdisk or fdisk have found it.

Do I have to put it in fstab.   I tried and guessed that it was /dev/sdd,
and added /mnt/APPLICATIONS which is the name of the first partition and
made it rw,noauto,users 00.  Didn't work.

If it isn't fstab is there some other .conf file that needs to be completed
for my firewire drive to work?

Regards,
Arch