airport card under V3 yellowdog

Derick Centeno yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
19 Aug 2004 17:53:29 -0400

Dealing or working with anything regarding YDL v.2.3 and lower in using
any current technology is a BAD idea.  In general, version numbers that
are higher include software code that is more current for hardware that
is also current.  Current versions can work with older hardware if one
knows enough what to check for etc., but not if the hardware is very
old.

Although YDL 3 should work fine from everything I've read about YDL 3,
on your powerbook... others on this list have more experience that may
be more useful to you.

Do not expect that instructions regarding doing something within YDL 2
will be useful in YDL 3 unless we are talking about general
implementations of standard Linux commands and their proper execution.
That is to say, the old material is ok as a reference text only, not as
a updated and useful How To do something with current software in
getting current hardware to work (unless the past hardware is very
similar to what is current).