airport card under V3 yellowdog

Dustin Krysak yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu, 19 Aug 2004 20:29:49 -0700

On 19-Aug-04, at 2:53 PM, Derick Centeno wrote:

> Dealing or working with anything regarding YDL v.2.3 and lower in using
> any current technology is a BAD idea.  In general, version numbers that
> are higher include software code that is more current for hardware that
> is also current.  Current versions can work with older hardware if one
> knows enough what to check for etc., but not if the hardware is very
> old.

Yeah I was not planning on using anything below V3 - I just said I
found a tutorial for using an airport card with V2..

> Although YDL 3 should work fine from everything I've read about YDL 3,
> on your powerbook... others on this list have more experience that may
> be more useful to you.
>
> Do not expect that instructions regarding doing something within YDL 2
> will be useful in YDL 3 unless we are talking about general
> implementations of standard Linux commands and their proper execution.
> That is to say, the old material is ok as a reference text only, not as
> a updated and useful How To do something with current software in
> getting current hardware to work (unless the past hardware is very
> similar to what is current).

Well I imagine the hardware is actually the same as it is just an old
airport card.. not the extreme one. I may have a go, but was hoping to
get a solid reply on YDL V3 and an apple airport card.