Continuing MOL problems

Roger Scow yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sat, 21 Aug 2004 11:11:04 -0500

Hi, all.  My continuing mol saga:  OSX, YDL 3.0.1, 2.24-2g kernel, mol
version -.69- . I've edited the molrc.osx file, and told it to boot
from my OSX partition, which is dev/hda9.  I have checked to see if the
OSX partition is mounted in linux with mount (it isn't).

When I startmol -X, a full screen with tux and the apple come up, and
the OSX swirly cogwheel thing spins.  I let it spin for an hour, but no
startup of anything else.  I couldn't get it to abort back into linux
with control-F8.

I wish I could see what was coming up in terminal, but since I can't
get back out of the mol startup, and have to do a hard shutdown, I lose
the terminal history.

Should I use yum or rpm to remove mol and mol kmods and reinstall?

Could someone using a New World ROM send me a copy of their molrc.osx
file?

Thanks.

Roger